25 April 2007

walk on

today's post revolves around the theme of walking:

i don't know if any of you out there are american idol watchers, but the girls and I are here in our apartment. last night for every vote cast, corporate sponsors agreed to donate $0.10 to feed hungry people living in extreme poverty in africa and america--up to $5,000,000, the first 50 million votes. so, for the very first time, i voted for american idol :) i usually watch, but am not a voter. between the three of us, we put in tons of votes for our faves: Melinda and Jordin, and got money donated at the same time! we were very thankful for cell phones last night, so that we all could vote simultaneously. very cool. (oh, the connection to walking is that Jordin sang "You'll Never Walk Alone.")

now, for the big walk decision:

while at some moments in the last month I thought I cared nothing about walking across the stage and getting my second diploma from G. Wayne, I believe I have had a change of heart, now that the stress level in my life has gone waaay down (since studio project is finished--fyi I didn't win anything in the competition yesterday--but no big deal, I'm not crushed). I have too much of a feeling that I would regret not going to my graduation, and that's something I don't want to have happen. so, while it may be long and arduous, I can't not go. All are welcome to attend, if you desire. I can give you more specific information through email/phone (just didn't want it floating out there on the internet). I would also love to go out to lunch with family afterwards, even if some of you don't want to come to the graduation, but want to do lunch.

and the last item of the post (but not exactly sure how it fits into the theme) is that I remembered I have a photo of the outside of my new house to share :)

8 comments:

j.j. said...

The house looks really cute Erin! I can't wait to see it - and how you decorate it =)
I don't know if we/I can make the actual ceremony but I DO want to know about lunch plans. That might be much more feasible...especially if Lydia is in tow!
And for my 2 cents...I think you'll be glad you walked. I decided to as well.

JM said...

Very cute house!

We will plan to be at graduation (though we may work out something to leave after you walk) as well as lunch. We'll get with you on more details later.

j.j. said...

p.s. - If you'd like, we would be happy to host a little post-grad gathering for lunch for your family and friends. I don't know if you know who is planning to be in attendance or if that option would be desirable. Just let me know!

Elizabeth said...

Sign us up! :-) The house looks really cute!

Ldani said...

Very cute! Do you get to play in the yard or is it maintained for you?

Erin said...

the front "yard" is maintained for me, but I have a strip of dirt in the back inside the fence next to a small concrete patio. mom and I are already making plans for that strip, as well as two big new pots for the front that the easter bunny brought me :)

Elizabeth said...

The Atlanta contigent of people have a wedding on the 12th that we are playing in (Jen, Jake); baking a cake for (Lisa); and decorating church & reception hall (Liz). Suffice it to say, we'll probably not be at the grad party by the pool. :- But e'mail us details about May 5th.

j.j. said...

p.s. Also - Aunt Jenny is the wedding coordinator for that wedding...wow, didn't realize our family was SO involved!