14 April 2007

happier times

while I am sooo ready to finish school, one of the things I'm MOST looking forward to is moving into my new house. Requested repairs are being completed, and all things are moving toward closing. So exciting!

There are currently no mirrors in the two bathrooms at my place--they had been taken down for painting purposes, and we wrote in the contract that I would pick out the mirrors to go back up; and that I would have a specified amount of money that I could spend.

now, this is a shopper's dream come true: pick out new things for your house, and spend someone else's money doing it! it cant' get much better than that!

so below are the two mirrors I've selected:


for the dowstairs half bath:
and for the upstairs bath:


this one has a "dark cherry finish" but in the store looked almost black. I want the black look, and so if it still looks too cherry in the room, I may give it a good old coat of black paint.

I still don't have any pictures of the actual place--so I'm posting little tidbits so maybe you can get a feel for what it will be like in person. Hopefully I'll be seeing some of you there once I move in!

6 comments:

Ldani said...

I really like the patterned frame of the top one.

We're planning a trip home around Labor Day; we'd love to see your new home. It'll be a trip of firsts for us; we've still not seen your parent's "new" house.

Erin said...

I would love to have you guys over! I would guess you'd have your pick of guest rooms--mine, or either of mom and dad's! we for sure can get some pool time in; that's the best part of mom and dad's.

Elizabeth said...

Getting your own place is so completely exciting -- and getting to pick out mirrors for the bathrooms (instead of wall mirrors) is even MORE exciting! Can't wait to see it! When is the closing?

Erin said...

my closing is monday, may 7th. (i graduate on cinco de mayo)

JM said...

I like that first one in particular. I can't wait to see the bathroom decorated to go with it!

j.j. said...

Very nice. I'm a fan of the more "decorative" mirrors instead of the old standards they put in all the homes. Please share your decorating ideas. I love to hear about what other people are doing...and hopefully get to see it in person!
I'd love to get over to see your place...I want to visit Gramma, but with my schedule right now, it just hasn't been possible. Perhaps when I'm done teaching for the summer...late May.