20 April 2007

last class

today, I went to my very last class EVER. that feels pretty good! I think I would be more excited if I weren't trying to finish my thesis :) Instead, it's heads down, glued to the computer, "death con 5" as my friend dave says.

it's kind of weird to think I don't ever again have to go to class, or turn in homework! I know there are training classes, bible studies w/ hw, etc., but no more as a degree-seeking student :o) I know someday I will look back on all this with fondness and nostalgia...but that day is a loooong way off.

to those of you have already passed this milestone in your life--I'm happy to join you. to those of you who haven't yet reached this point--hold on, you will make it, and it will certainly get here sooner than you think. and I will enthusiastically welcome you to the club when you finally do :)

and since I'm a visual person and like posts with pictures, here's an image from my thesis project.

any brave souls want to guess what the image means? :o)

9 comments:

JM said...

I am not that brave...but I find it interesting that there is one figure that is different.

Elizabeth said...

Well, it looks like a really interesting building a ala some style I don't know the name of. It looks like it might have a little trouble staying upright and the people would definitely have trouble getting on to the different floors. :-) There's a handprint as the background, that much I did notice. :-)

Elizabeth said...

Oh, and CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! By the way, on television, I've heard the phrase LEED like 3 times in the past 3 weeks. Of course, that might be because This Old House is doing a Green renovation. But, I caught the tail end of someone in ATL doing something with schools & LEED. Go figure! Erin, are you going to your graduation? Are you having a party? You should have a party!

Erin said...

Jennifer, that was completely arbitrary, but good eyes. :) Liz, that's really cool about the LEED! It's definitely big in the building industry.

about graduation--still trying to decide--its going to be REALLY looong (they do grads & undergrads together now :( ) but I am having a party back home, probably by the pool. it would just be too crazy trying to pack up the apartment and throw a party at the same time (moving the very next day).

you all are of course invited, if you'd like to make the trek down the road. i don't know any details about it, but I'm trying to stay on mom to get her to get it planned.

JM said...

If Erin does walk, maybe we can all get together for lunch somewhere.

Anonymous said...

HOOORAY for e!!!!!!!
It looks like a FLW treehouse that has a BIG hand holding it up.

j.j. said...

I'm not going to be brave.
Please let us know what you're doing about graduation. I definitely want to come to the party or see you if you decide to walk.
Unfortunately for us here in the ATL area, we have a couple of other things going on during the other weekends of May...so our chances for making it to your hometown for a weekend party might be slim =( June anyone???? =)

Elizabeth said...

So. . are you going to tell us?

I am hoping to visit Grandma & the rest of the Moseley clan the first weekend after we get out of school. . :-) Or one of the first weekends.

JM said...

The word I hear is that the graduation party in Augusta is going to be Friday, May 11th. I thought everyone might want to know.