17 April 2007

$5.99 worth of joy

I spent $5.99 at publix on sunday afternoon and brought home a bundle of joy: pink tulips! who knew you could buy joy for so cheap? I knew they would make me smile as I sat at my desk for the next solid week finishing my studio project. So far, so good!

The girls and I have several flora around the apartment that lend some hominess to the space.

Here are the violets that greet me every morning right outside my bedroom door:



And here are the baby irises and one momma iris pot growing on our deck (but are momentarily inside because of the cold weather):


And finally, here is Percy, and Percy's Cousin, the oldest plants in the house. I gave Percy (the top one) to Janeen when she started co-oping 6 years ago, and I got his cousin about that same time. I think they may live forever!



5 comments:

j.j. said...

I love plants and flowers - both indoor and out! I have some bright orange tulips on my kitchen table compliments of Teisha from Easter. They still look great.
Apparently I got the planting bug a bit early this year and started doing my potted plants about a month ago. With this crazy weather, Ben has been carting them back and forth from the patios to the garage, trying to protect them from any frost. When will our weather become "normal"????

j.j. said...

p.s Your laptop looks identical to the one I use =)

JM said...

I completely understand your sentiment. Sometimes it's just nice to have some fresh flowers around to make you smile and feel happy inside.

Ldani said...

I love plants outside but am not very good with them inside. Flowers from the grocery store often correct my lack of an indoor green thumb.

Elizabeth said...

Can't beat a bunch of tulips, in my 'umble opinion.