23 April 2007

studio=over

hello all. I'm sorry if it seems that I dropped off the face of the earth the last few days...but I've been finishing my thesis project, and that means there is no time for emailing, or blogging, ...or sleeping, for that matter.


but, I am thrilled to announce, that as of about 11:15 this morning, my final studio review was complete!!! :) the review went really well, I'm happy to report. HUGE weight off my shoulders. now, all that's left is to write up a 2000-2500 word paper about the project--cake compared to what I finished today.

of my class of 10, up to three are chosen to move on to tomorrow's competition jury. there are two other studios, both of which 3 are chosen from as well. the finalists present their projects tomorrow to a jury of big-name architects flown in from around the country. they pick the winners and, there are cash prizes :)

we find out at the end of the evening who moves on to tomorrow's jury. so, stay tuned.

and yes, there is a graduation party for me at mom & dad's on friday, may 11th. all are invited!

I promise I will decide soon about festivities on the 5th in the ATL area...just want to do it once I've had a full night's sleep.

6 comments:

JM said...

I'm happy for you...that you've gotten your studio project finished. I can't wait to hear if you get to compete for some MONEY!

Erin said...

i'm moving on! excited about the honor of being selected, not excited about another full day's worth of studio reviewing. i guess i won't be sleeping in until wednesday morning :)

JM said...

Yay! Go Erin!

Ldani said...

Congratulations! So how many "moving on's" does this make for you? I'm not making it up that you've done it in previous years, am I?

I'm actually goning to be in GA on the 11th but won't get to Atlanta in time to swing by Augusta on my way to Athens.

Erin said...

this makes the third in three opportunities--a third place, a nothing, and we'll see about tomorrow!

Elizabeth said...

Good job, Erin!