30 May 2007

more downstairs

second post of the day...see below for the first half...

the kitchen, with my new fridge :o)


more of the kitchen. the window above the sink looks out onto the back patio. Also notice the rotary phone on the counter--it was Gramma's mother's phone, and it still works! I absolutely love it!

The back door to the patio.



Looking into the powder room. It was very hard to photograph this room! hopefully you can get some idea of the space.


The vanity and mirror. [unintentional self-portrait]

That concludes the downstairs tour. Once I get myself in gear, I'll get to work on the upstairs!

3 comments:

Ldani said...

The yellow does look like it would take some getting used to, but I think I read somewhere that yellow is a good color for the kitchen. Something about yellow being more beneficial to digestion; I don't remember how the color of a room can affect digestion, but there you go.

What color is the powder room?

Erin said...

the powder room is a dark brown stucco treatment on the wall. it looks like it may have some gray/green undertones--hard to figure out exactly.

interesting about the yellow--but its probably not good then that the actual eating goes on in the red room :)

j.j. said...

Thanks for posting all these pictures. It is great to get and idea of how your place looks. I too love red walls - dont have any here in the new house but I wonder if Ill always need to have some red around!
I love the mirror over the fireplace!
I think I remember that youre starting back to work Monday, right? Im sorry that I never made it down for a visit -- maybe in the futre!!
p.s. For some reason I cant use my apostrophe key...