30 May 2007

the downstairs

I know you had probably given up hope that I would post pictures of my new house...but it's just taken a little while to get it photo-ready :o) But here it is now! The vast majority of my decorating brainpower has been directed at the downstairs--so, I'm opting to wait on the upstairs posting until it's in a little better shape decor-wise. But, enjoy the first floor!

This is the view from the front door: through the living room and into the dining room, and past that is the kitchen and powder room (with the patio out back--but that will be another post itself).


This is the living room on your left when you enter the front door. Ignore the large stack of cardboard packaging waiting to be recycled :)


The living room on your right when you enter the front door. The door in the picture is the closet underneath the stairs.


The dining room to the left. (the birdhouses are waiting to be painted as table decor for Lindsay's houswarming party on Sunday).


The dining room to the right. I bet you guys recognize the furniture! You can also see the start of the stairway to the upstairs, and the kitchen/powder room beyond that.


View back into the living room, and the front door.

more of the dowstairs to come...

5 comments:

JM said...

Yay! I'm glad to see pictures. Did you paint or were those colors already there? What is the color in the kitchen?

Erin said...

actually, all the colors were already there. which was perfect--I am in love with my red walls, and probably would have painted them red if they hadn't already been that way. the kitchen is a kind of mustard yellow. I wasn't wild about it at first, but once I started getting my things moved in, its grown on me. especially once I hung up my calander and saw that it was a perfect match to the mustard!

Ldani said...

It looks like a nice layout for entertaining. I can definitely see you living there.

Elizabeth said...

Very nice, Erin. Where did your living room furniture come from? I LOVE the mirror over the fire place! Is that from your favorite store? Your place is really cute. It looks perfect for you!

Erin said...

thanks Liz. the living room furniture came from pier 1 about 3 years ago; the mirror is from there as well. I fell in love with it back in the spring, and had a really hard time making myself not buy it immediately!