14 May 2007

The drought is over

Hello world, I'm finally back! What a crazy week it's been. Moving into my new house and all that entails has consumed my life. I hadn't even been here a week, and I (with Dad's help) already embarked upon (and just an hour ago completed) my first home renovation project, which ended up spanning four days! It involved the laundry closet: moving the dryer exhaust from the floor to the wall, new floor, and installing the appliances. I documented the events, and will post them later. Currently, I'm doing a load of laundry of the clothes I want to take with me to the beach tomorrow! VERY EXCITING! It will be a short trip, but still a great chance to relax and get off this whirlwind I've been living for the last couple of weeks :o)

...more updates to come...

4 comments:

JM said...

Yay! We're glad you're back. Have fun at the beach relaxing.

j.j. said...

The beach sounds fun --is that with family or friends? Don't forget to post pics soon of your new place. I can't wait to see it!

Elizabeth said...

Have fun at the beach! Where are you/did you go? Did the closing go well -- nothing crazy or unexpected?

Erin said...

Our family friends the Childers had rented a condo for the week, and were inviting anyone who wanted to come while they were there. so, since neither Mom nor I were working,and they had extra beds, we decided to join them for a couple of days :o)

the closing went smoothly, except the seller decided not to show up and didn't tell us until the morning of. Also, she didn't leave a key like she said she would for me to get a final walk through the morning of. but other than that, all went well!