03 May 2007

the end of an era

While I anxiously await my new home, I am sad to be leaving my roomies. Janeen and I have lived together either on the same hall, or same room, or same apartment for 6 of the last 8 years of my life. I think we've perfected the art of living together; we've had a bunch of practice. :o)

She's been such a blessing in my life; a woman of God who I can always talk to about anything. We've really grown up together--from college freshmen to the women we are now. What good times we've had! We recognize that we will probably never live together again--she has no plans to move where I am, and I have no immediate plans to come back to this town. When we parted ways four years ago, there was always the possibility of living together again if I came back to school (which is exactly what happened). There is not that possibility now. It feels much more permanent of a split. :o(

But, life goes on, and new chapters start. We're not ending a friendship, just adding some miles between us. It just seemed to me that this chapter as it ends deserved some tribute and recognition.

So, goodbye roomies, I will miss coming home to you in the evening!

1 comment:

Elizabeth said...

I had a girlfriend that I lived with or close to for 8 years also. It was weird to leave her. We had the same dorm my freshman year, lived next to each other for the next 2 years. A year after I graduated I lived with her again for 4 years. It was so weird when we finally added it up.