09 June 2007

work, furniture

this week was my first week back to work--back to being a productive member of society, as Mom says. it was a really good week, actually. Right away I was handed a project to be the lead on; they gave a brief of what was expected, and then set me loose. it was great! I pretty easily got back into the flow of being in the office, and remembering how things work. It was great not having that awkward orientation period where you don't really know how to do anything, or where to find anything, and you don't feel like you're being productive.

the other great part is that we have three summer intern students. One is a friend of mine from grad school; she is a year behind me, and we went on the same study abroad in Europe last summer. The other two are undergraduate students. It's great no longer being the low man on the totem pole :o) There are plenty of other people to do the gophering. Being higher up is good!

the adventure of the day today was moving the last of my furniture into my house. still to be retrieved was furniture for the guest room/office: a bed, that was Mom's when she was a little girl, and a chest of drawers that had been in my room several years ago--the topiary chest, for those of you who know which one I'm referring to.

we put the bed in the back of mom's explorer, which took up the entire back. so, we thought we would have to make another trip; but dad said that he thought it would fit in the back of his tr! So, that's what we did! It rode beside him all the way to my house, with mom and I behind in the explorer, laughing the entire way because dad was so cute in his little car, and the chest made his car look so tiny--like a toy car. below are my attempts at photographing the humorous event :o)

4 comments:

JM said...

I'm glad you enjoyed getting back to work! The shot of your dad down the road made me laugh. I bed some passers-by laughed as well.

Elizabeth said...

That is great!!!! You dad is so cute! I'm so glad you are contributing to society these days. It feels nice to get back into the swing of things. I usually need approximately 3 months to feel ready to go back to work, so I'm glad that your few weeks of were enough for you.

Ldani said...

The last picture is priceless!

I'm glad work has started well.

j.j. said...

Great pic of your Dad driving the chest to your house!!!
Glad to hear the first week back wasn't too painful. =)