21 May 2007

home renovation #1

Here is my laundry closet project documented in pictures. I didn't think to get a "before" picture until it was a bit too late. :o) Here is the closest I've got:


Note the dryer vent coming up out of the floor, and the two different types of flooring that were down. And, my super-handy dad removing a big chunk of my wall!


Installing the new dryer vent in the wall (note the hole in the floor required to make it possible)



Putting the wall back together...


Scraping away at the ridiculously sticky floor...it took forever, and wore me out! But, I'm pretty sure I got bigger muscles as a result! :o)


Finally, down to the subfloor (plus a little glue that I couldn't scrape off)...

Laying the first new tile...

What a pretty new floor!

Wall repair complete--after color matching the paint at Lowe's with a chip we scraped off the wall. VERY COOL.Project complete! boy, it's a tight fit in there--you can't even see my new floor! but I know it's there. And you guys do too!

5 comments:

Elizabeth said...

The washer & dryer look very nice. I love the shelves! It is my deepest desire to have a better laid out laundry area. My shelves are too high to be of good use to me. I have to keep stuff up there, but it's a stretch every time. Did you have a nice time at the beach?

JM said...

I'm glad that you were able to get that done in a timely manner. I hope to have some help from your super handy father one of these days as well!

Are the curlies on the wall your addition?

Erin said...

The beach was nice. unfortunately, i didn't get as much time there as I would have liked--on the first day my skin had a weird reaction to the new sunscreen, and I broke out in little red bumps everywhere (and spent the afternoon inside). day two, it rained all day, and we didn't get to go out at all. day three I finally got some beach time, and then we went home the next day :)

The curlies were already there, actually. That's how I knew the place was for me--there were a bunch of little e's all over the wall. perfect!

Ldani said...

So are home renovations more fun when it's your home?

Erin said...

um, I still don't know if I would qualify the work as "fun," but I guess it is not quite as bad when it's your own home.