19 August 2007

cars, cars, cars

I finally did it! I bought a new car yesterday! I'm so excited about my new car. I need to get a better picture of it when its not dark outside, but I don't have one yet. I traded in the old Acura in the deal, which wasn't worth much at all, but I decided it was worth getting a little less for it rather than trying to sell it myself. There's not a real huge market out there for 17 year old cars :)

My new car is a black '07 vw jetta 5-speed. I actually bought it "used" -- someone had purchased it in May, put just under 1,000 miles on it, then sold it. crazy! So, I get a "new" car but not for the new car price. Quite a steal. Mom says it matches my new young professional image. hehehe. I think I may be most excited about the bumper-to-bumper warranty! Woohoo!

I also had to say goodbye to the car I've been driving for 9 years. It was a little bit sad, but since it stranded me the last time, I began to emotionally detach from it. So, not as painful to let go. I did have to clean it out first--I kept the front license plate, for posterity. I think I may get a new one for the new car.

Acura sitting at the dealership in the wholesale department:goodbye little car, I'll miss you!

New car in Mom and Dad's driveway:hello new car!

2 comments:

JM said...

Fun! I can't wait to see a "not in the dark" picture!

Elizabeth said...

Congrats, Erin. The car looks really nice and cute.