23 March 2007

a new job and a new home

so the last few days of my life have been really exciting, and a bit of a whirlwind! This past Wednesday (the day after taking the LEED exam and getting my hair chopped off) I went downtown to meet with THE FIRM (the name of my employer for the purposes of this blog) and discussed my new-ish job for when I graduate. They were very glad that I am coming back to work for them, and that I am a new LEED AP. They just last week moved into their new office-a historic building downtown that they have renovated into office space. They already had my desk set up--I get a great big window to look out, and the meeting went really well. Its truly a beautiful space, and I think I will really enjoy working for them and in such a nice environment. Negotiations went well, and they accommodated my request to go on vacation with friends and family in June!! Bigtime hooray!

After that meeting, Mom and I met my real estate agent (who is a longtime friend of Mom's, and also their agent) to home hunt! After seeing many many places in two whirlwind afternoons, we went to a townhome that was just so cute, and hadn't even officially gotten on the market. It was a great price, and I made an offer, and I got it! I couldn't believe how fast it all happened!

I'm closing right after I graduate, so I can just move right in--there are a few things I'd like to do to the inside, but it's in great condition to be able to live in it -as is- as long as I need to. I can't wait!

So, I'm pretty exhausted from all the excitement--I couldn't sleep last night--instead I was laying in the bed imagining where furniture would go, and where different pictures would hang! I finally can hang my bookshelf that I designed and built about 4 years ago--it hasn't hung before becuase it requires wall anchors that landlords don't allow! Finally, I can quit changing my address and quit living with beige walls. Hooray for the bright red walls in the living room and dining area in my townhome. I will try to post pictures once I have any to post!

5 comments:

JM said...

How fun! I can't wait to see your new place.

Ldani said...

Congrtulations! That is all very exciting!

Elizabeth said...

Congrats! Wow! What a life changing weekend! I am sure your home will be quite lovely! How old is it? Is it downtown again? Can't wait to see! Oh, and congrats on the job. That's so sweet that they already had your desk set up.

j.j. said...

Yayyyy! Congratulations Erin. How exciting. (I'm assuming your job and townhome are the same firm and town where you lived before?)I can't wait to see what you do with your place. I'm sure it will be fabulous and trendy and so very cute.
love ya =)

Erin said...

my townhome was built in 1985-recent enough to have decent sized closets and bathrooms (but not massive) and old enough that trees have grown in the neighborhood, so it has some character--everyone's house doesn't look just like their nieghbor's (of big importance for me).

yes, jen, it is the same firm in the same town as before :) my neighborhood is actually on the same road as our old neighborhood was--so I'll be very close to where we grew up! and its only about 15 minutes from mom and dad's now--good for in case of emergency, but far enough to be on my own.

I can't wait to get it fixed up, and have people over. You are all invited to come anytime! I figure it will kind of function as overflow for Mom and Dad's house when the beds fill up there :)