21 March 2007

me minus 11 inches


Yesterday evening I lost eleven inches...of hair, that is. I've been growing it out for a year and a half (the entire time I've been in grad school) and it was finally long enough to cut (10" min.) I'm donating the hair to Locks of Love, a charity that makes hairpieces for children who have permanently lost their hair for medical reasons and cannot afford to buy a wig. I encourage everyone who has hair and is able, to do this at least once in your life. It's really easy to do--your regular stylist can cut it (hooray, Kyle is the greatest ever) and you just mail the ponytail in a padded envelope to them. How cool is that?

A view from behind:


I've rediscovered my back and my neck!

6 comments:

JM said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
JM said...

The first picture almost doesn't look like you. I love the new haircut!

j.j. said...

I think that was a very sweet thing to do. You have beautiful hair and it will make some little girl somewhere very happy.
The new cut is very cute - do you feel like you lost weight?!!

Erin said...

i definitely feel like i lost some weight--the fastest i've ever lost a few pounds! :)

Elizabeth said...

Your hair looks fabulous -- both ways, but you look more Erin to me with short hair, although you used to have long hair when you were younger, correct?

Erin said...

I did used to have long hair when I was younger--it always had to be long enough to put back in a bun :) Although, I did have a few shorter do's in the summer (no ballet then.)