01 June 2008

i have not fallen off the face of the earth...

... although I understand if you think that I have. sorry for the absence of posts; but when I spend all day at work at a computer, its hardly the thing I want to do when I get home. And I've found myself very busy lately!

I hope to write more later, but here a few tidbits of what I've been up to lately:

1. A few months ago, we started a "Cell Group" for young peeps at church--we meet on Monday nights for fellowship, snacks, and bible study. It's really become a good way to plug in and spend time with other people from church that aren't grandmas or preschoolers :)

2. Last month I celebrated one year in my house, yay! and this week I will celebrate one year with my company (post grad school) and three years total. yay!

3. Last weekend, Dad and I demo'd my old fence around my patio and rebuilt it completely. Its now the best looking fence in the neighborhood. pictures to follow soon, hopefully :) (and Mom helped too)

4. Our church softball team has their very own Pep Squad, and yours truly is a C0-captain :) We even have our own t-shirts, which I designed. Tons of fun, and lots of hours went into those!

5. Vacation Bible school starts tomorrow, so I'm busy preparing to teach, as well as I spent all of yesterday transforming the church into a Beach Party Paradise! (with lots of help)

6. I think I'm going to learn how to play golf--don't have clubs yet, but Bob is working on that, and I bought some cute golfwear this afternoon :) so even if I'm not very good, I'll at least look good :)

7. I'm still working on my New Year's Resolution to cook more. Its really a lot of fun, and I sure am eating better since I started making myself real food. I've also been baking, too. That part is not so great for my waistline, but sure is yummy.

8. I've been Mom's assistant of sorts in the real estate world--hosting open houses, going to open houses, touring neighborhoods, etc. I always am imagining what I would do to the houses that we see if I were to live in them. Not looking to move, but its fun to think about.

that's all that I can think of right now. hope you enjoyed the update :)

4 comments:

Ldani said...

I totally understand about not wanting to spend time on the computer after working on one all day so thanks for the update. It seems like life is being good to you. =)

JM said...

It does sound like you've been busy! I can't wait to see pictures of your fence and your new golf wear.

Elizabeth said...

Yeah. . what a nice & newsy update! Yeah about golf, too. Afternoon at the Master's really get to you?

j.j. said...

I DID enjoy the update!! Who is Bob? I think golf would be fun. Go for it!