17 June 2008

arm strength? apparently not...

so I had my first golf lesson this weekend. it was fun, but not as easy as it looks. on saturday i went and got my clubs, and learned how to hold the clubs, practiced putting, and hitting whiffle balls in the backyard. and then on sunday afternoon, I went to the driving range with Bob & Zac. (Bob is long-time family friend, Zac is his son & also family friend). Out of the like +100 balls in my bucket, I probably hit 5-10 good shots. quite a few times I failed to make contact, and quite a few other times I dug into the dirt. but it was still fun! I also woke up monday morning with sore arms and torso--clearly not muscles I use often :)

Lindsay and I are taking our clubs to the beach next week, so we may spend some time at the driving range there...but I don't think I'm ready for a real course yet. that day will come :)

Bob said I'd do better next time once I had my golf shoes ;0) (they should be arriving soon!)

1 comment:

j.j. said...

Three cheers for you for taking up golf. I think it would be fun and a more "relaxed" sport. Plenty of time for chat too =)I think it is great that you and Lindsay are doing it together. Post some pics of you in your new duds!