22 September 2008

FALL!

for those of you not on facebook, I reproduce musings from it:

I LOVE Fall. It's my favorite time of the year. I get giddy thinking about pulling down sweaters and blankets from the attic. I love turning off the AC and opening the windows. My favorite day of the year is the day I turn on the heat in my house. I LOVE the smell. I know, its a little weird. But even stranger is that I'm also strangely drawn to the cinnamon spice brooms they sell in the grocery store this time of year. The only thing that's kept me from buying one is the thought, "What the heck am I going to do with a spice broom?!" Also, there's something about them that I associate with grandmas. I think its because there was one (or something close to it) hanging in my Nana's house throughout my childhood. I try not to encourage grandma tendencies in myself, considering I'm only 27, and don't even have kids. But I can tell you this--if I ever become a grandma, you better believe I'm buying a spice broom!

3 comments:

Elizabeth A. said...

I love fall, too. It reminds me of being in band/football games. I think you should go for the spice broom, or get a cinnamony air freshener. Bath and Body Works has some really yummy ones. I just put in one called "creamy nutmeg." It smells like fall in my house.

JM said...

I like the fall as well. I love that it is cooling off but that we don't have to bundle up to go out.

Elizabeth said...

my favorite morning in TX was the first morning I had to put on a sweater. . of course, it was more in December, not September. . but I still loved it!