26 July 2007

The Blooming Banana Tree

Yes, you read correctly, banana trees bloom!

Well, not actually. Two months ago Mom & I planted what we thought were baby banana trees in my garden. Last weekend, I found out they may not be banana trees...One that Mom had planted in her own backyard turned out to be a canna lily, with a big yellow flower.

Well, this week, I discovered that I too had canna lilies. Because the big one is blooming :) Once it fully blooms, I'll try to post a picture.

Funny, I feel a little bit differently now that its not a banana tree--as though it pulled a fast one on me.

UPDATE:


Banana?
I think not!

5 comments:

JM said...

I can't wait to see a picture! Is this one planted with your other "garden fairy" plants?

Elizabeth said...

So, where did you "find" these so-called banana trees?

Erin said...

the garden fairy and I worked together on this one :o)...but yes, it's in the garden in the back.

they were "harvested" from Mom and Dad's yard. Funny thing, Mom had one do it to her too---that's how we knew mine might as well.

JM said...

Very pretty. It looks like it will be blooming for a while. Your garden looks very nice as well.

Ldani said...

What a pretty garden you have!