23 February 2008

the joys of tax time

well, I've officially reached another level of adulthood--itemizing my tax return! what fun! and what a complicated year 2007 turned out to be. I think the only way it could have been more complicated is if I had changed my name! I'm sure that some of you are well acquainted with the 104o form, but for a girl who is used to the 1040EZ, it was one big frustrating step for me. a big thanks to mom for guiding me through the process.

and on an entirely different note, below is a watercolor that I painted at Christmas for my bosses. In a few weeks, our office is having an Open House to show off the new building the firm purchased, renovated, and moved into not quite a year ago. And guess what is going on the front of the invitations?

maybe I'll start up a side business...

6 comments:

Ldani said...

Very cool about the invitations. If there are any left over, can you send us one?

If you start a 2nd business, you've got a customer.

JM said...

Yeah...taxes are just loads of fun. Luckily, ours aren't usually too complicated.

Congratulations on your picture being used! What a nice honor.

Elizabeth said...

Beautiful! So, does the water color hang in the building somewhere, too?

About Taxes -- yes, welcome to the big, ugly world of taxes. We graduated last year to "so complicated we need help" -- so once again, it's simple. But, for many years I was in the super-duper complicated but also pretty poor school of taxes & had to do my own. I was self-employed & I had regularly taxed income for a part time job. :-) But congratulations on getting yours done way ahead of the deadline.

Erin said...

ldani, I will do my best to get one to you guys. hopefully there will be some leftover!

yes, the watercolor is in the building--but it's only about 5"x7", so it's on display on top of a filing cabinet by the front door. small paintings are my specialty :)

j.j. said...

Erin, that is amazing! Do you do watercolor artwork often? You should definitely do more! Congrats on the honor!

Erin said...

Jen,
thanks!
I first learned to paint with watercolors in undergrad. I didn't really get into it, though, until my study abroad in grad school, when part of our coursework involved keeping a watercolor sketchbook. Since then, I've painted several as gifts. It's something I'd like to do more of, just have to make the time!