02 January 2008

new years resolution

my resolution this year is to cook more. now that I am not in school, I have the time to create delicious and nutritious meals, but I don't often take advantage of that. It becomes too easy to just eat a bowl of oatmeal for dinner, or to drive through chick-fil-a if I'm out, rather than plan out, buy, and prepare real food.

whenever I do cook, I enjoy it, and get a sense of satisfaction from it. so far this week, I've made spinach artichoke dip for a new years eve party (technically not real food I know); chocolate-cranberry-oatmeal bars for easy breakfasts; and a chicken & veggie (mostly veggie) pot pie/casserole (multiple lunches and dinners, for sure!) It's delightful when I try a new recipe and it turns out yummy. I also think my independent streak likes that I can nourish myself :)

thanks to my boss, I now have the Southern Living 2007 recipe book (a great Christmas present)--definitely no shortage of recipes to try!

we'll see how the culinary experiments go...

1 comment:

Ldani said...

If you discover any recipes you love, please share them. I'm always on the look-out for new dishes.